- Starting Salary $42,000* annually, increasing incrementally to $111,506 after twelve (12) years of service. *Under 2012 labor agreement.
- Full salary and benefits during entire training period.
- Night shift differential payments.
- Yearly uniform cleaning allotment.
- Thirteen (13) paid holidays.
- Longevity pay.
- Overtime payments (when available).
- All uniforms and equipment are supplied by the Department.
- Paid family dental and optical plans via PBA Union.
- Medical plans available at 15% of premium cost.
- Suffolk County Deferred Compensation plan.
- Fifteen (15) paid vacation days first year of service, increasing to twenty-seven (27) days after five (5) years of service.
- Thirteen (13) paid sick days first year of service, increasing to twenty-six (26) days after the first three (3) years of service; Unused sick days are cumulative.
- Up to three (3) paid personal days first year of service, increasing to five (5) days after three (3) years of service.
- *Pension plan. Members are eligible for retirement after twenty (20) years of service at 50% of five (5) year final average salary. Vested retirement plan after ten (10) years.